Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Picture books

If you’re just starting to write picture books and would welcome some great tips, I found an excellent link where you can find information on such topics as: “picture book format, types of picture books, think before you write, gobs of information on writing/editing process, and an impressive list of resources.” The link belongs to Rick Walton, children’s author with many, many books under his belt. Go to his website and see for yourself.


I spent the day researching publishing houses and viewing some writers’ links. So much out there. Very helpful stuff for writers and illustrators once you start your search.

I have to admit when I first started writing, I had no idea what I was doing. I knew nothing about the publishing side of the business or submissions or queries, etc. Back then, I saw a tiny ad in the newspaper about a one-day writer’s seminar at a local university. I went and my whole world opened up after that. You have to start somewhere.

"A child's history, like magic, never quite goes away. It is there, only hidden, like the laughter of unseen children in a garden. It is all the sweeter for never being seen, only heard about." -- Lawrence Yep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: