Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Texas Library Association Conference

I’m getting excited about the upcoming Texas Library Association (TLA) conference coming to our city next month. I just had a peek at the roster of authors and illustrators who will be there either doing presentations or signing their books or both. It’s a thrilling experience rubbing shoulders with some of the greats. I had the privilege of participating last year. I signed books at my publisher’s booth and met so many great librarians and some teachers as well. It’s a great way to promote your books and set up school visits or speaking engagements. Lucky for me, I’m doing it again this year.

Hundreds of books and just as many publishers’ booths filled up the conference hall last year. It made my head swim. My feet were begging for relief by the end of the day. But it was so much fun being among a gathering of your peers who have the same passion for books. And getting your favorite books autographed by their authors is a not-to-be-missed opportunity.

This year Scott Simon of (National Public Radio) NPR and Julie Powell of Julie & Julia fame will address the general sessions. For more information on this great event go to the TLA Website.

“Great stories give us metaphors which flash upon the mind the way lightning flashes upon the earth, illuminating for an instant an entire landscape.” – Paula Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: