Friday, August 19, 2011

My pic with Judy Blume at SCBWI

I consider myself very lucky to have attended the SCBWI’s 40th anniversary conference. The speakers were inspirational, accessible, and offered great advice on the writing and publishing process. Wendy Werris summarized it well on the Publishers Weekly blog. Take a peek at her article covering the SCBWI-LA conference. Enjoy. By the way, I was thrilled to have taken a picture with none other than the great, famous author, the surprise guest speaker, Judy Blume of numerous books including Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret. I also met and took a picture with actor/author Henry Winkler (The Fonz!)


Judy Blume & Lupe Ruiz-Flores

 We start writing books on the day something different happens." -- Judy Blume at the SCBWI-LA Conference

Lin Oliver (Co-founder of SCBWI), Lupe Ruiz-Flores, Henry Winkler

Special 40th Anniversary Dessert


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: