TeachingBooks website has a list of children’s books to celebrate this special event. I feel honored that my book, The Battle of the Snow Cones, is on that list.
According to Pat Mora, “The goals of this observance from its inception have included a daily commitment to:
- honor children and childhood,
- promote literacy, the importance of linking all children to books, languages, and cultures,
- honor home languages and cultures, and thus promoting bilingual and multilingual literacy in this multicultural nation, and global understanding through reading,
- involve parents as valued members of the literacy team,
- promote library collection development that reflects our plurality.
I did realize, as do you, how blessed I was to know bookjoy, the private pleasure of savoring text. -- Pat Mora