Thursday, May 5, 2011

Is it a picture book?

Are you ever confused as to whether your manuscript is a picture book or a magazine article? When I wrote my first story, Lupita’s Papalote, I was totally unfamiliar as to what constituted a picture book versus a magazine article. As I’ve mentioned before, that story was initially a poem. Once it became a story, I had no idea what to do with it. Then I attended my first writer's conference and learned the nuts and bolts of the writing and publishing process. If you’re struggling with the same question, I would recommend visiting Verla Kay’s blog, which addresses this topic.  

Homemade kite

Another question for you. Are you thinking of creating your own website for when that book of yours comes out? Or maybe it’s already out, but you’re not sure how to get started. Here’s a Writer’s Digest link that will be of help to you in that area. Starting a website is really very simple. See for yourself.   

"People often ask, 'How do you start a book?' Well, I've always started this way ...Chapter 1." --Paula Danziger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: