Wednesday, July 20, 2011

SCBWI/Amazon 2011 Runner Up

Great news! The annual SCBWI 2011 Amazon.com Work-In-Progress Grant winners were announced yesterday. And …. I was a runner-up in the Multicultural Category!!! Not only that, but one of my fellow writers, a member of our local Southwest Texas SCBWI chapter, Shannon Morgan, was also a runner-up in the General Category. Is that too cool or what? Yea Texas!

Last March, I submitted an application to the Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators along with a synopsis and a writing sample (2500 words) of my work in progress, my YA novel, Dulce’s Quest for the Crown. The grant that I won can be used for research, travel, conferences, writing workshops – anything related to the writing process to help finish the work in progress. 
I want to thank SCBWI and Amazon for this wonderful gift. It shall be used wisely. I congratulate all the other winners, runners up, and those who received letters of merit. I am honored to have been included with such talented writers.

"What I do with my books is to create windows to my world that all may peer into. I share the images, the feelings and thoughts, and I hope, the delight." -- Walter Dean Myers

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Lupe! That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Catherine. I am excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Can't wait until your YA is finished and out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Catherine W. Wish me luck. I'm trying MG and YA genres now in addition to picture books.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: