Thursday, April 17, 2014

2014 El Día de los Niños/El Día de los Libros

(LtoR) Me-Pat Mora-Carolyn
At the TLA conference last week, I met the author and founder of El Día de los Niños/El Día de los Libros, Pat Mora. It was such an honor to meet with her and talk a little about El Día and the many events that are coming up for that celebration during the month of April. I am proud that my illustrator daughter, Carolyn Dee Flores, and I will be participating in El Día in Houston with readings and presentations to celebrate children, books, and literacy.
 
While at the San Antonio Book Festival a couple of weeks ago, I was interviewed for a video by My Story, www.thestorytellingplace.com. Click here to view the video: My Story – Lupe Ruiz-Flores. 
 
I also did a blog post interview for an event, Día Blog Hop, where several authors were interviewed as well. Here is the link to that post on the Other Side of the Tortilla blog. 
 
Since April is Poetry Month, here is a great post that appeared on the Cynsations blog, “National Poetry Month: Guest Post from Naomi Shihab Nye: On Language-Energy.” I’ve enjoyed reading her poetry and have most of her books. I once took a class with her and was inspired to try my hand at poetry.   

Have a wonderful Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: