Friday, April 11, 2014

2014 Texas Library Association Conference in San Antonio, TX

Another fantastic week! This time it was the Texas Library Association (TLA) conference held in San Antonio this year. Thousands of librarians from all over Texas attended the event. In fact, according to an announcement made on the last day, over 7,000 people had been at the conference. There were sessions, speakers, vendors, publishers, food, and books, books, books. 
 
I was on a panel with five award-winning authors and the topic was, “Latino Bookfest: A Celebración of the Best in Latino Literature for Youth.” I also joined many other authors in the Author Signing Area and my books sold out. Hurray! It was an exhausting three days, but I enjoyed every minute of it. I renewed friendships with writers I hadn’t seen in a while because they are scattered all over the nation. It was an awesome three days. 


Author and Daughter- Illustrator Carolyn Dee Flores








San Antonio River

(Middle) Author Pat Mora - Founder of El Dia de los ninos/
El Dia de los libros

 
Author Monica Brown and me


 
 
 
"I write as a participant, to see what will happen. I see that I write books about brothers and sisters, about what makes up a family, what works and what is nurturning." -- Patricia MacLachlan






2 comments:

  1. It was good to see you again, Lupe! Love your two new books about dance--salsa and ballet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great seeing you again as well. Best of luck with your book!

      Delete

Comments: