Friday, April 16, 2010

Texas Library Association

What a day! Attended TLA all day and am bushed. But well worth it! The place was bustling with excitement even though it was pouring outside. I signed books at my publisher's booth in the morning (see pic) and then helped our SCBWI chapter in our booth in the afternoon. In between, I browsed, bought books, and received quite a few freebies. By the end of the day, I was loaded down with goodies. Good thing I was parked close by because I was almost dragging my bags. I saw out-of-town writer friends I hadn't seen in a while. I also met new ones. Met librarians from all over Texas.

If you love books, it's like being in a candy store when you attend TLA. Everywhere you look are books in all genres and colors and shapes plus other items of interest to teachers, librarians, writers and illustrators. Besides books, I bought really cute bookmarks to give away during my school visits. By the time I got out of there in late afternoon, the sun was shining and our downtown riverwalk looked fabulous. A good sign!

"Reading is my cup of tea!" -- Logo on a cup I bought at TLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: