Friday, June 25, 2010

Letters from students

I was reading this article by Ingrid Roper on Publishers Weekly online blog about Patricia MacLachlan, award winning author of one of my favorite books, Sarah Plain and Tall. In this question- and- answer session, Ms. MacLachlan mentions school visits and how it contributed to her new book, Word After Word After Word. That peaked my interest because I do quite a few school visits myself. She too gets letters from the children and I can relate with the questions they ask, i.e., how much money do you make, where do you get your ideas, how much do you revise, etc.  Here is one letter from a student during one of my school visits.

"Writing... is ... brave. You are brave." – Patricia MacLachlan (Word After Word After Word)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: