Thursday, March 29, 2012

Love of Books

Here is a neat article, “What I Love About Books,” posted by Barbara Vey on the Publishers Weekly blog. She lists ten reasons why she loves books. So I started my own list about why I love books too:

  1. I love to read for inspiration.
  2. I love to immerse myself in another time and place, especially with historical fiction novels.
  3. I love to learn new things that I didn’t know before.
  4. I love my imagination to soar with some books.
  5. I love to sometimes chuckle, sometimes cry, with certain books.
What about you? What do you love about books?


Tree in Boerne, TX
You might also be interested in an interview conducted by Rachel Martin with Newbery Honor Medalist Natalie Babbit (Tuck Everlasting) on the NPR blog. She talks about her new book, The Moon Over High Street.  


"Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him." -- Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: