Wednesday, November 6, 2013

ESC Conference in Corpus Christi, TX

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending the Education Service Center, Region 2, TCEA Technology Conference in Corpus Christi, Texas. Four other authors and illustrators were in attendance as well. Librarians and teachers packed the center. We presented and talked about our books. I always enjoy going to Corpus Christi. The city has some fabulous eating places. Watching the seagulls fly over the bay lifts my spirit. It is a great place to visit.
 
I now have my two latest books in my hands. They arrived a few days ago from the publisher. The books are now in bookstores and online. The illustrations in Lupita’s First Dance/El Primer Baile de Lupita and Let’s Salsa/Bailemos Salsa are gorgeous. The colors are vibrant and full of energy. I am so pleased with the art that the illustrators, Robert Casilla and Gabhor Utomo, did on my books. Such talented people!
 
There is a brand new SCBWI website where you can view my books, the synopsis for each one, and book reviews. Just click on Member Bookstore and type in my name: Lupe Ruiz-Flores and my books come up! Awesome website!

“The struggle to master a medium, whether it’s words, notes, paint, or marble, is the heroic part of making art.”Chris Van Allsburg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: