Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Motivation

Do you ever feel like you’re stuck in your writing? Do you lack motivation? I am feeling that way today. It’s hot and humid outside. I just got home from running errands. I have a sort of deadline on one of my stories (for a workshop). But I sure don’t feel motivated. I keep staring at the last chapter I wrote and have no idea how to continue. Ever have one of those days?

So I tore myself away from my PC, which was very easy to do (heh-heh) and treated myself to a cold, refreshing agua fresca (fruit drink) of watermelon. Then I started reading a book I just bought about the story of Ralph Waldo Emerson. A writer friend of mine wrote it. She autographed it for me yesterday and I was anxious to start reading it. It is so well written and the photographs in it are outstanding. Reading got me motivated again. Yea! Getting immersed in that book worked like magic for me. What works for you? Here’s a link to a Writer’s Digest blog on “9 ways to get started and stay motivated.” That also helped me get “unstuck.” Good luck!

Took the above picture by the side of the road where a vendor was selling his pinatas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: