Saturday, November 5, 2011

Picture book illustrations

I’ve always said that a picture book is collaboration between the writer and the illustrator. In my opinion, the illustrator brings our stories to life. I always have my own vision when I write the story. However, I’m always amazed at how much better the illustrator’s vision is for the same story. I leave it up to these talented artists to work their magic.

Take a peek at the 2011 Best Illustrated Children’s Books by the New York Times Book Review. The post, published by Pamela Paul on Arts Beat blog, announces the ten titles. 

You might also enjoy Shirley G. Webb’s post, “A Book is Born,” on the Institute of Children’s Literature blog. She describes her excitement when she first became a “published author.” 

Piñatas
“Know yourself. Listen to a lot of music. Don’t whine. Maintain your sense of humor; indulge your sense of play. Persist, persist, persist.” – Kathleen Krull

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: