Sunday, January 22, 2012

Kids' Book Club Pick

Here’s an interesting article, “January Kids' Book Club Pick: 'The Watsons Go To Birmingham’ – 1963published on the National Public Radio (NPR) blog by Michele Norris. The book, written by Newbery Medal winner, Christopher Paul Curtis, is what is becoming what NPR calls a modern classic. I was privileged to meet Mr. Curtis at one of the SCBWI-LA conferences. His book, Bud, Not Buddy, is one of my favorites. Enjoy the article.
Christopher Paul Curtis autographing his book!
If you’re writing a chapter book, Little Pickle Press is accepting submissions. For more details, visit their website. Best of luck with your queries and submissions for the new year.

I attended our first local SCBWI chapter meeting of the new year yesterday. The session, “Goals: Set, Track, and Meet Them in 2012 (and Beyond!),” was a great way to start the year. I came home and set up a spreadsheet defining my writer’s goals for the year. I hope to stay true to those goals. Have you set up yours for the year?

"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket." -- Chinese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: