Monday, June 11, 2012

Book Signing Success

Well, my book signing was a success. It was well attended and I signed quite a few books. My sincere thanks to all who showed up to support me. I had an enthusiastic crowd who asked really good questions about the writing process. I genuinely enjoyed the event and hope you did too.

Book Signing

Now back to work. I am in the middle of reading Self-Editing for Fiction Writers: How to edit yourself into print, by Renni Browne & Dave King. I won this book at our last SCBWI local chapter meeting. An author from Austin gave us a presentation on “revision.” The book came highly recommended by the author who said he used it during his revision. I took the title down, intending to buy the book as soon as the meeting was over. But, lucky me, I won it instead! So …. I shall put my middle-grade manuscript, Dulce’s Quest for the Crown, aside for a few days … or weeks … and focus on what the book has to say about editing.
 Click on the bottom two links to take a look at bookcases and tables made entirely out of BOOKS! Yes, books. Some people can be so creative.
 

"A good picture book begins with delight, ends with wisdom, humor, warmth, or love, and means more than it says." -- Barbara Williams

2 comments:

  1. It was an honor to be present at your book signing. You truly are an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. You are on your way as a writer. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: